Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2007, 05:57 AM

Default Re: I used to snap call here. Didn\'t I?

[ QUOTE ]
Board: 9h 7d 6c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 50.054% 49.04% 01.01% 32046 659.50 { 5d5h }
Hand 1: 49.946% 48.94% 01.01% 31975 659.50 { TT+, AJs+, AQo+ }

And if he's 3betting 99, 88, 77, JT, etc, then he's also sometimes 3betting ATs, KQ, QJs, etc. So I think this isn't an unreasonable range.

I'm not as far ahead as I would have thought, but I'm not behind either. I know he can push me off the best hand sometimes if the right cards fall, but I feel like I can do the same as well if different cards fall.

[/ QUOTE ]
What you don't seem to get is that the deeper the effective stacks and the more streets to come, the less important your "showdown value" or current equity versus his range is and the more important position. Calling a bet OOP on the flop with a very marginal hand and deep stacks behind just because you're flipping with his range is a bad play against anyone with a somewhat well-balanced strategy (i.e. is not easily exploitable on later streets) who's able to make adjustments.

You should avoid spots like this as much as possible. If you had position, the preflop call is meh and very dependent on the current dynamic of the game, OOP it's pure spew.