Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Hi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only group that has successfully persuaded large numbers of posters to their position, despite your claims of the virtual imposibility of this task (seemingly to justify not even allowing them to try)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to tell you, but the "persuasion" you imagine has been mostly a transient effect of your tactics. No permanent conversions, and many bad vibrations for this forum, have been the actual results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this is patently false

Conversions to:
-> AC: 17
-> Minarchism: 9
-> Liberal: 2
-> Conservative: 1
-> Something else: 3

The idea that this many people would just temporarily change their mind about something this important is just ridiculous. I guess I can't prove that to be the case because your claim is essentially unfalsifiable (maybe everyone will realize on their deathbed that their political views were wrong all along). Not to say that people don't change their minds multiple times about their political views but I think the numbers speak loudly about the quality of the arguments.

The only bad vibrations for the forum are among people who don't like having their comfortable assumptions debated and are afraid they'll have to admit them to be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pole is not up to the task. I don't consider it credible evidence given the proselytizing nature of AC hereabouts.

My criticism was against certain pompous tactics, not AC in general (which makes a few good points). Puffing up, insulting others and leaving your business all over someone's nice thread is no way to win converts. I'd bet all my chips on that one.