Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Having the worst period since I started playing, some support please

I've played for about 13 months, and even though my winrate hasn't been fantastic I've consistently been winning. I played my first year almost only at Prima, starting out at 10NL and making my way up to 50NL and almost 5k hands @ 100NL. Then they capped the rakeback and I switched to Crypto, starting out at $100NL and £50NL.

I've played here for about a month now, and this month has been such a pain. I've played 93 hours, a little above 23k hands, and I have won close to nothing. I know I played bad in the beginning, a bit too aggressive when I wasn't able to handle such a playing style. It also have a feeling I took beat after beat and there was no way I could win, flopping sets against flopped straights etc etc. I'm pretty confident I should be able to beat this level and these opponents. The thing is, I'm not winning. I feel like it's bad luck mostly, but I'm starting to wonder.

The last four days I've dropped 10 buyins, and I'm really wondering whether I'm able to beat this level or not. I will try my hand at it again tomorrow, or possibly in a couple of days, but right now I'm not feeling overly confident.

I know I'm not a great player, but at least I've put in quite some effort, reading a few books, reading and posting a bit here on 2+2 and generally thought about the game, I also consider myself to be fairly intelligent. I've even been trying to workout somewhat regularly, eat decent food, and sleep somewhat normal hours just to be able to handle poker in a better way. I know I'm not the best when it comes to handling losses in poker, but I'm actually quite happy with how I've handled the last few days. I've played a bit more than usual, which could have made me play worse than I usually do.

If someone knows of any good readings about control, variance, tilt control etc it would be great. Also, it would be great if someone could just briefly comment on situations I encounter that I'm unsure about during my play, because there's been a lot of those lately. I really understand if no one wants to, but if there's any interest I'd greatly appreciate it, and I'd return the favor whenever you want.

And is there some way to see how how often I hit the flop with certain hands, because I feel like I hit like 10% or something during the last session. What about other way to measure "bad luck"?

That's all I can think of now, words of encouragement are welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]