Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Default A Desperate Plea to you MTT Pros

This Post goes out as a plea to all you MTT. I’ve recently registered after lurking for quite a while and all of your posts have helped my game immensely. I’ve been playing for a little under a year both online and live in Atlantic City. I started out with play money and gradually have worked my way into 5/10cent ring games and sit n go’s ranging to $11. I play plenty of MTT as well with varied results. Deepest I’ve ever gotten is a FT in the late night FTP guarantee. (forget the actual prize pool, but I finished seventh for $300 I think) I play the stars nightly 15k almost every night but can’t seem to money consistently. I’ve read many of the top books and believe I grasp the concepts in most of them pretty well, but still I can’t seem to turn the corner for that big finish in a MTT. Is there anyone I should be logging on and watching in the Stars Sunday 1M? I’m naturally a TAG player, so I find myself in the middle of the pack a lot. I try to be pretty objective and truthful when I evaluate my play and then try and make the appropriate changes. Yet still, I can’t seem to turn the corner. So, I turn to you guys for help. I’m incredibly enthusiastic and am willing to do whatever it takes to become a consistent winner in tournament play. Are any of you guys open to letting me observe you in some of the larger satellites and MTT? My dream is to qualify for one of the EPT events through stars, but I can’t even win consistently in the lowest ring games, sit n go’s or MTT. When I look at hand examples players like Adanthar, Shaniac, Technologic, and Gobbo post, I take them to heart and try to implement the examples into my own game, yet still don’t seem to be successful. I’m basically open to starting fresh and trying to rework my thinking processes and playing style. Any Good Book Recommendations? I’m willing to run out and grab any suggestions you guys might have in that department if I don’t already own it. Where can I download a good hand converter so I can post hand examples and have them critiqued? Is Poker Tracker truly an invaluable tool? I’m completely open and committed to whatever you guys could suggest. I’ve read most of the pertinent posts from all of you and have found them extremely helpful. Any help or suggestions you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.