Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Pledging a fraternity (Long)

I am a senoir now, so ive spent nearly 4 years with my fraternity. Been through good times and bad.

What I can tell you is that alot of fraternities have christian ideals. None of our non-christians have a problem with any of that. Its simply ritualistic stuff, its not like they are making you go to church.

the worst thing that can happen to any fraternity is having all of the same kind of people. I personally learned alot from my brothers who aren't like me and it gives you better idea to throw better parties and makes you look less like the sterotypical frat guy.

Semesters are good and semesters are bad. Sometimes you will have tons of good parties and nothing else, other times you will have no good parties but lots of sucessful fundriasers and philanthropic events.

And drinking every weekend is what most college students do, you should't be surprised about that.

My reccomendation is to take an active role in your fraternity and work to improve. Start with a position like rush chair and work your way up the ranks. You sound like you want to make things better and thats the only way. You can make a huge difference with rush chair because then alot of the newer members will know you and like you and follow you when you try to lead.

Lastly, greek life at times can be very similar to high school. Its up to you how much you want to involve youself in the high school drama that occurs.