Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Dawkins - FISH!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I am merely saying that it is at least a sufficient (i.e. possible) explanation for biological complexity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't deny that evolution occurs if by that you mean biological diversity. I'm less convinced about development and I think there's very little hard evidence for that. What I oppose is undesigned evolution. By definition I see no way science can prove this. Nor is the existence of evolution proof that it's undesigned. For that matter I don't think the law of gravity works indepently of God. Science can't prove it does nor can I prove it doesn't.

[ QUOTE ]

the overwhelming consensus of the relevant scientific community.

[/ QUOTE ]

The overwhelming consensus of the scientific community once believed in geocentricity. I'm all in favor of science. Really. I subscribe to Augustine's warning to Christians not to oppose science because they think it contradicts some interpretation of the Bible. But both science and Biblical interpretation change and often in the direction of greater accuracy.

[ QUOTE ]

If you can explain them better I would actually be interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made these arguments many times on this forum. If you want to start a thread I would participate. For a quick introduction google Frame-Martin debate. That will give you some info from both sides.