Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Default 25/50 live, 350bbs deep, I have a set, now facing huge river CR

Effective stacks in the game are 17.5k, it's late night 7 handed in a live game. The swings in this game have been heavy for me, in large part due to one player who continually had my number. He was a wild, unpredictable player. He would not fold to c-bets on 90% of flops, and he made a few river raises against me, and I had to fold one pair hands. One weird hand was where he made it 400 to go preflop, a few callers, I called with A10cc from the blinds, flop came AQ4, checked around, I bet the turn which was a blank, and I bet the river which was a 2, and he instapushed . I folded. He didn't show, but he claimed: "he flopped it."

His name is Florida Mike for anyone who knows him. He is stuck big in the game, as well.

I won a massive pot vs. him where there was a raise preflop,I called with 66, the flop was AJ6 two clubs, bet, call, I raise, fold, villian calls. Turn is an A, boating me, he check calls 2500. The river is the Qc, completing the flush, as well as as a gutshot straight, and he pushes all in, I call, and he asks, "do you have a fliush," and shows his A2o.

Hand in question, villian has around 18000, I cover. There is a 100 straddle, blinds 25/50. I raise utg with 99 to 400. Folds to BB who calls and straddle (villian) completes.

Flop comes J84, two clubs. Checks to me I c-bet 800. BB folds, villian call relcutantly. Turn is a beautiful 9, setting me. HE checks, I bet 2500, he check calls.

At this point I put him on a weak made hand, or a darw. He is mainly more aggresive with real, made hands.

The river is the 6s (flush misses), I decide to bet 3.5k after he checks. This is somewhat small, but I really wanted to get paid out by a random jack he has.

The board is now J8496. He says "I might as well go home," and he chk raise shoves all in for 11.5k more.

What do you put him on, and am I ahead of his reraise shove range?

this one really baffled me. Thanks,
dlpnyc21