Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Account hacking - Poker sites need to do more imo

Seems like every day I'm reading more and more posts about someone's account getting hacked for lots of money. With the technology that is available today I think that it’s unethical that the poker sites are not doing more to improve security. Most of the hacking that is going on could be avoided if the poker sites would spend the money on some kind of multi factor authentication security software.

I know that in the U.S. new security guidelines are in place for financial institutions that require them to implement another form of account authentication besides a simple username and password. The poker sites should all be doing this.

We as players need to start demanding more from the poker sites on account security. The bottom line is if Stars or FT would implement more robust security I guarantee they could take market share from the other. With all that's going on with hacking players want to feel like there’s decent security in place to protect their account.

Anybody have an idea why Stars and FT aren’t doing more to protect player accounts?