Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Visiting Europe for a month this summer

[ QUOTE ]
dude, wtf, plz dont go to europe and have every hour planned. Just have a general idea of what you want to see in each city before you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, wtf, doing way too much in way too short of a time.

also, dude, wtf not my idea.

Seriously, the problem is we really only have 3 full days in each city with one day on each side for traveling. We know the things we want to do in each city, the problem is budgeting our time correctly. First, the things have to be close to each other so we aren't looking like a bunch of retards wasting time getting lost or crossing town every time we want to go somewhere new. Second, we have to see what we are actually going to have time for so that we can make a general plan that allows certain things to be cut if we want. Without any sort of plan, it may end up we run out of time to see something we really wanted to see.

It may seem really stupid to some people to do it this way, and I definitely wouldn't do it if I was going by myself (mostly because I'd just take more time in each place and relax), but with a limited amount of time and a lot to see this really does work quite well. I'm also weird and enjoy planning a vacation almost as much as going on one. Certain vacations have certain objectives. When I take a cruise, I don't even think about it until the day I leave and just relax for a whole week. When I go backpacking to Europe for a month and want to see 7 cities with my brother who won't be back to Europe for a while, I want to make sure we are efficient as we can be.

And this really is to maximize efficiency. Trust me, we aren't the type of people who won't tell this itinerary to [censored] itself if we find something we'd rather do. But it is a good general idea that can be changed as we go along. And it ensures that at the very least we can see what we really want to.

Edit: I don't really know how to explain it any better. I'm 100% confident when the trip is over, we will look back and be glad we did things this way. Also, not every city is this detailed. Amsterdam, for instance, has like 3 places we want to go in the 3 days we are there and then a whole bunch of getting high, meeting people, walking around, and partying. Different objectives for different cities. Paris/London just happen to have a ton of things we want to see.