Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Get Your Calculators Out!

two things:

--suited gappers are bad in games where it's aggro postflop. most 60 games are aggro postflop. you dont want to be drawing, espcially to non-nut hands, when it's going to be 4 bets on the flop and raised often on the turn. R. I. O.

--position matters more than you realise in spots like this. a simple example is the times you flop a flush but then a fourth flush card comes on the river. against many opponents they will check the river oop with something like JJ with the J high flush when you have been betting the whole way with a small flush. they will fear they were drawing dead and now check. but when you check to them oop on the river they will now correctly bet. that BB is pretty significant, esp. in a big pot against a donkey who you might feel compelled to call against with something like the 8 high flush.

the intuitive mediocre play is to call with 84s in this spot. the more nuanced, educated play is to release your hand and wait for a better spot to gamble with a marginal hand.