Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Running Cold in Downswing

I’m having my first >150 BB downswing. (Well, first since joining 2p2 and studying decent books.) I’ve read enough here to know it was inevitable, I should just suck it up, and hope it doesn’t hit -300BB. But what I haven’t seen is specific comments on running cold. I’m a recreational player who’s moved up slowly from 0.25/0.50 LHE through 0.5/1 to a lot of profitable 1/2 LHE. I was just sticking my toes into 2/4 and had a few good sessions when the downswing hit. I started losing a lot and, thought I’d simply exceeded my skill level and run into much better players. So I dropped back to 1/2, where I kept losing. There were the usual suckouts and bad beats I’ve seen before, but the most frustrating part is I’ve been running horribly cold. Normally my 6-max stats are a TAGish 28/15 but for the past ten days have been down to 15/1.9. I’ve looked at the hand histories and I’m not folding playable hands, my cards just stink. With all the folding, folding, folding I got frustrated, went on tilt and played hands I normally wouldn’t, which led to stil more losses. I’ve dropped to 0.5/1 to slow the hemorrhaging. How long can this go on? I can deal with bad beats and suckouts, but this running cold is driving me nuts. How do you deal with it?