Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 PM

Default spread limit omaha pf questions home game (kinda long)

hi i just recently started playing in a home game where a 5-5 spread limit omaha (5-200) is the most popular game... i am new to omaha but feel i play considerably better than these players postflop, they really like junky draws on paired boards etc., so anyway there is this one player who loves to gamble, he raises almost all hands pf to 40-75 and is relentless postflop, he will bet 100-200 on pretty much any flop when checked too and if he hit any kind of piece or any kind of draw he will not give up when you play back... so as you can imagine the implied odds are really big although in this structure it is nearly impossible to get more than ~175 bb in pot, because he could have pretty much anything pf, any decent hand seems pretty profitable to play HU but when one player calls the original pf raise normally at least 2 others come in behind (the game runs 6-handed), what kind of hand is profitable to call at this price in a multi-way pot in this structure... if you are coming in behind several other players in this situation what kind of hand are you looking to play?... i also experimented with limp reraising the max to isolate the maniac (when i was ep and he was blinds) and that worked ok short term but i dont know if it is a good idea, what kind of hand is profitable to isolate with if that is a good idea? basically im very confused with what kind of hands i should play in this structure with this kind of player who completely changes the dynamic of the table (makes the game play pretty huge) and makes it potentially makes sense to get agressive and play back pf... i thank anyone for their responses in advance and if this is boring and really basic i apologize... if i need to clarify anything let me know... thanks again for any help