Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Comparing strategy in Limit to No Limit

Can somebody here explain to me the major difference in Limit to No Limit and how it changes your strategy? All I've ever played is No Limit, so limit seems confusing to me about how things might change for you in limit. For instance, it seems to me that in Limit, you can't bluff anybody 2 pair for all your chips representing a set, so for only 1 more bet it seems like they would most likely always be making a huge mistake to fold as opposed to in No Limit to where for all your chips you better be right on your calls.

Also does your starting hand requirements change? Do you need to tighten them up in limit because implied odds are not as good, or basically keep them as they are?

So is that what they mean by limit when they say it's a mechanical game? Does this mean you pretty much bet all your good hands for as many bets as you can get them for, as opposed to determining how much will make your opponent fold or how much he will call for, and for the most part don't bother bluffing as much?

Maybe this is all the wrong thinking about the game, but I just don't understand the idea of how the game becomes different when it's a fixed limit game, so if somebody could help me out I'd appreciate it.