Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: JJ is hard to play!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY?

FFS, I absolutely hate it when people on here say something like this with absolutely no reasoning behind it. It's very easy to give advice, and much harder to tell us all why it's good advice.

I am OOP facing a larger-than-usual raise from an unknown-ish player that I have just bet off a couple of hands. I am holding a medium strength hand with a player to act behind me. It is a hand I want to continue with, but a hand I cannot call a 3 bet with.

Now why do I want to reraise in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW - I agree with you. It doesn't seem like a good place to put a bunch of money in the pot before seeing a flop. Also - it might be very hard to back him off a paired overcard given that he's already folded a couple hands to you. All assuming he calls. If he folds and bb folds you would win a small pot (when a well played JJ might of won a big one).

I actually like the way you played the hand. I don't think I could bring myself to fold JJ in this situation to a typical-loose-aggro player - particularly because I think they would have come over the top of your flop raise. I also think that the turn card ruined any action you were likely to get on your hand. By pushing you might look enough like a bluff enough to get called by a smaller pair - when you otherwise would of gotten no further action. I also like it because it sets up for more river and turn pushes in larger sized pots (this is a profitable part of my game).

Lucky