Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: The \"Lining up jobs\" Thread, 2007

[ QUOTE ]
you think someone from UGA actually has a shot at McKinsey, etc? I haven't even gotten that much interest from lower-level consulting companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

just get a foot in the door by getting an interview and then you're good to go. i work with people from all sorts of places. yes most are ivy leaguers, but some aren't - the part that is hard if you're from UGA is getting the interview, after that it's up to you.

leverage anything or anyone you can - any connection, no matter how flimsy, can help. i was once in a meeting w/ a director who got a call from his friend's brother's daughter who went to wesleyan with a less than stellar GPA, and he got an interview just bc the director was involved with recruiting and was having a good day when he got the call so decided to say OK.

edit: but yeah the recruiting season has passed i think - my friends here from notre dame and UT were definitely proactive and went to the website to submit their resume, called them up, etc. they won't come to your school to recruit since it isn't worth their time, but if you're proactive you have a shot. pretty sure this year mck is done hiring though, not sure about the other big firms but it's usually the same.