Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Grilled stuff, frozen chicken breasts, and other healthy eating tips

ED: Edited title since the thread started out about the Foreman but is really all about healthy eating and especially grilled frozen chicken breasts.

I gained about ten pounds since this incredible Asian fresh bread & pastry place opened right next door. After I finish the Green Tea bread on my counter and the remaining contents of my boxed wine (Black Box Brand Merlot, good stuff) I need to go back to a low carb diet so I look good and healthy when I visit my family back East in six weeks (don’t want Mom and Dad to think I’m slipping so they worry about me even though I am slipping). I eat healthy at the card clubs (except Hollywood Park) but my off days are killing me.

First, I’m getting a George Forman grill for low fat grilling of meat and veggies. The new ones have removable plates for easier cleaning so I’ll go that way. This one from Target looks about right (and it may be cheaper at Wal-Mart I know but shopping at Target is more fun). I realize El D has ”baller version” but I’ll never cook waffles or need all those parts and I’m not a “baller” anyway.

I plan on shopping at Trader Joe’s but when it comes to meat and veggies it’s going to have to be mostly frozen items that don’t spoil; I only have time to shop once a week or so because TJ’s is twenty minutes away and closes before I finish my poker day.

I’ve read and participated in astroglide’s great finds at trader joe’s thread but what I need to concentrate on in this thread is frozen meat (mostly fish or chicken) or veggies that can be thawed quickly and cooks well using the Forman Grill (or grill combined with microwave). No carb condiment or spice recommendations are also appreciated.

I realize this sort of overlaps the ongoing bachelor food thread but I’m hoping to focus on this stuff which is essentially a low fat, low carb version of bachelor food. If you are a bachelor (or separated as in my case) you really need to stay thin. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]