Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if some of you were offended. I didn't find what I did offensive towards black people. Even still, to make sure the blog was sent to a black audience of people, only one of which I actually knew, and not one of those people had anything negative to say about it.

I wore that outfit on Halloween a few years ago too. In high school and before many of my best friends were Jamaican, and they were never offended by me doing that sort of thing.

I know what blackface is. Using face make up to create a black character isn't blackface IMO. It's done on all kinds of platforms, from SNL to MadTV. It's done in films as well, both ways. White Chicks didn't offend me in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if White Chicks didn't offend you, you have no respect for the hallowed art form of film.

And, as someone else pointed out, Ted Danson probably thought he had a get-out-of-PC-free card, too. But he didn't.

People are idiotically sensitive in this country. I think a lot of people here are saying that they weren't offended, but that they couldn't get their heads around the fact that you didn't realize that many, many people would be.