Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Default NLSNG: Ugly spot vs agro who likes taking control pf

So I'm playing vs a guy who is frequently 3 betting my pf raises and raising my limps. I haven't been catching cards, so stacks are me 1000, villain 2000, and blinds have recently moved up to 15/30.

Something to note is ~10 hands ago, he limped and I checked A2o, the flop came ace and suited rags, I checkraised his pot sized bet and he folded. Other than this, I haven't stood up to him yet.

On to the hand: I limp K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with the intention of calling a raise, he in fact raises his 3x bb standard and I call. If people think this is spew, and that I should just fold this or raise it hoping to take his blind, I can understand, but he's raising limps so frequently I just go by the fact that K6o rates to beat his average hand and I have position.

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and villain fires 120 into the 180 pot. What would you do here?

My thinking was, this is a pretty draw heavy board and almost every card in the deck can be scary. I don't want to call this bet and end up facing an all in on the turn with an ugly card. So I opt to raise from 120 to 360. In retrospect I wonder if I should have minraised or pushed, since my line leaves me with significantly less than is in the pot if the bet is called.

Villain then puts me all in. With the odds I'm getting at this point to call, I think I have to, seeing as he could have a weaker 6 or a draw.

Comments on either street welcome, as well as comments about dealing with people who raise limps frequently.