Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Hand vs El_Diablo

[ QUOTE ]
GB,

Also,

"2. EL_D would never push a 4 in this spot if he somehow has one, and prolly wouldn't push a 9 if he somehow has one."

those are both often false assumptions.

"1. From EL_D's perspective I might have a flush."

That's also a false assumption. I assume that there's no way someone can open and then flop a flush.

"3. EL_D would only make this flop raise with the A, a flush, a straight, or a set."

That's not true on the flop (wide range I could do it with there). It's probably true after I call the turn, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least assumption 4 seems pretty awesome!

I dunno, maybe my assumptions sound too definitive which causes a more defensive response. As alluded to, I think it's really easy for a player to convince himself that a tight player (that seems to have a negative connotation on these forums, but I don't mean it in that sense) will randomly decide to make a play in this situation; however, obviously you wouldn't lie...so maybe I gave you too restricted of a range. I shoulda began each assumption with "A TAG player prolly wouldn't," instead of "EL_D would never" (although that still prolly wouldn't go well since "there's so many different situations in poker, it depends, blah blah blah").

Anyway, that's interesting that you'd never put me on a flopped flush.