Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Plz help me pick the right stakes to play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sry, I know this post is lame, but I know almost nothing about live play. I'm going to Vegas this Saturday, n I just wanna have some idea of what stakes i should shoot for.

I play 2/4NL and 3/6NL heads up games online.

A) I have very limited live experience.
B) I have very limited experience playing with more than 5 opponents.

Given these, I prolly shouldn't just jump into higher stakes, but at the same time, I don't really want to grind lame stakes.

Also, I'm only willing to lose 2 grand...but I mean obviously I'm asking this with the intention of figuring out stakes that I'd have a good chance at winning at.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is how deep do you normally play when you play either 2/4NL or 3/6NL online..in either case judging that you only have 2000(you are willing to lose) i wouldnt go above 2/5NL until you had around 15k. I highly recommend you reading some of the threads about bankroll management though because it suprises me you are playin 2/4 and 3/6 online heads up with only 2k to lose....generally speaking you should have 20-30 max buyins at whatever stakes you play, which at 2/4 - 3/6 would be around 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be an idiot. i'm quite sure he's talking about how much he's willing to lose on the trip, not his bankroll for poker in general.

if you can beat 2/4 or 3/6nl online, you should be fine in general for most live 5/10nl games. but since you don't have much fullring experience, i would start at 2/5nl, but if you start to feel more comfortable or go on a run i'm sure you'll do fine at 5/10