Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Old Hand, New Tactics?

This post is "tainted" by the fact that it occured months ago and I've learned a lot since then. Should still make for a decent discussion. If I remember correctly, this was one of my first sessions having moved up to .5/1. It's also before my slump of doom kicked in and I had to do major mindset/tactic rethinking. I was still good enough though then to notice that the guy was going on tilt or otherwise just waay too LAG for his own good. Just how loose he was has become hazey as the months have passed, but I think I remember him being fully capable of betting/bluffing away chips with hands that nowhere near warranted what he had. He might be safely on the maniac side, but he's not slowing down and the board is sort of coordinated and the "fluke" hands must be considered.

Do you slow down or do anything differently? Do you bother putting him on one of the few hands that beat you or do you just floor it and accept the potential "variance"?

FWIW: MP folds due to disconnect on the river.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (23.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31.50 BB