Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Default FTP 5.50 FT, KTo BB. Help me, I play bad.

I think I butchered this hand top to bottom. Am I right?

5.50 on FT, 450 runners, we're at the FT with 8 left. Villain and I are around 4th and 5th with ~75k; I cover slightly.

2k/4k blinds, 500 (I think) ante. I'm in the BB with KTo, both red. Villain is UTG and minraises. All fold around to me.

I play bad #1: I call.

Villain's been on my left for about an hour and a half and has done the UTG minraise a few times, usually folding to a big 3bet from the monster stack on my right. I don't know that I saw any of these hands go to showdown, so I can't really say what he might be doing it with. Should I raise him here or fold? (Are those options both preferred over calling?)

Flop Kx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]y[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I play bad #2: I check, intending to c/r.

My sense is Villain doesn't have a K, but will bet if I let him. But I'm not so strong I want the hand to continue, since if he has 2nd or 3rd pair or a couple clubs I give him a chance to get attached to his hand if I let him bet. Better to bet out here?

Villain bets pot, 22k.

I play bad #3: I c/r to 55k.

Too small a raise to do me any good, and I'm now way beyond pot-committed so I should have just pushed if I was going to raise, right?

Villain pushes. It's about 13k more to me in a ~142k pot, even if I'm behind I'm not behind enough to fold for that, right? I call.

What I did wrong is easy to pick out (everything, except the last call). Am I right about what I should have done instead?