Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: 2007 mlb season win totals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Season long forecasting is one thing and handicapping is another. Since I only worry about one game at a time these projections (accurate or not) have very little bearing on whether the line is right or not on tonights game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your comments in this thread, I'd say there's almost zero chance you're a lifetime winner betting baseball, in any form.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ImBen I'll bite. Just because this guy doesn't use Pecotas or other season "projections" he is a loser? Please explain that logic. Are you saying that a handicapper is a loser if he doesn't use these "computer projections"? It's probably the other way around. I believe it is probably the losers who depend on "projections" to handicap individual games.

As for projections, it is just a futile waste of time, unless you play fantasy baseball. What a player should or shouldn't do over a 162 "projected" season just doesn't really matter that much in a single game and I find it hard to believe that you guys would use said information to handicap an individual baseball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

His general philosophy isn't consistent with someone that can beat the market.