Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Pan\'s Labyrinth - Film by Guillermo Del Toro

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt think it was that great. Pretty boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with you. i give this movie a solid "meh".

i'm not into the sci-fi stuff at all. i've never ever bothered to watch the LOTR movies. but i decided to give this one a chance because people kept saying it was so good, and downplaying the sci-fi aspect of it.

well, i could have tolerated all the fairy tale stuff if they kept it separate from the real story. real action, then go to fantasy action, then back to real action. but the way they mix the two just didn't work for me at all. (spoiler in white <font color="white"> wtf, the labryinth wall melts for the girl, but not for the captain? that's retarded. right then i wanted to walk out even though i knew the movie was almost over.</font>

the movie kept my attention, but i really don't see much about it that is exceptional. i'd give it about a 6/10.

btw, people in this country make me [censored] sick. wtf is with families of 6 coming into a movie 25 minutes late and chatting loudly amongst themselves as they make repeated trips in and out of the theater to get sodas and popcorn? and when they get "shushed", the dad tries to pick a fight. what?? STFU you self-absorbed classless pieces of [censored]!