Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Help with LIMIT Omaha 10/20

I recently came across and now play weekly in a mixed 10/20 private game consisting of an orbit each of LH, Omaha High, and O8.

The players are loose and horrible. The dealer referred to the game (privately, to me) as "Donk City." (And no, I'm not telling you where it is.)

This should be an easy game, but I've never played limit omaha. It is dangerous for me to play there because I have so little respect for my opponents that I sometimes get overly aggressive and I get drawn out on by one of the seven or so players that call my PFR with AA24 in O8 (for example) and then call to the river.

How would you best exploit this situation? My working strategy is to play slightly more open than usual (perhaps 40% of flops) and push any advantage I get hard. Do you think that my perfomance would instead be maximized by tightening up?

Also, what hands should I be looking to play in a wide-open game of limit omaha high? What hands are premium against 7 or 8 to the flop, and what hands are acceptable to play? Where should I limit my starting hands?

I appreciate any replies.