Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which series is best?
1 27 32.93%
2 27 32.93%
3 4 4.88%
4 6 7.32%
5 18 21.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: LC: What is the history of STTf on 2p2?

I started reading and posting on 2+2 as Craig H. when I was still in residency... circa 1999, when there was just a general strategy forum and Raymer would post about 200 times a day.

When they changed the forum format and I couldn't figure out how to get a log-in I switched to lurker from about 2001-2004.

I found 85 emails from 2+2 in my junk email folder giving me sign in names sometime in the summer of 2004 and started posting regularly in the STTF forum. That was right about the time that AleoMagus posted his "guide to beating $10 SNGs," which may to this day be the most significant post in the history of STTF... not because of it's content, but because of all the discussion it spurred.

If I have time this weekend maybe I'll post my version of the history of the STTF.

Irieguy

PS- For what it's worth... this forum is technically the 1-table tournament forum. I called it the Single Table Tournament Forum (STTF) for my first heads-up tournament because it had a better ring to it and that's been this forum's "real" name ever since. Ship that. Holla.