Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Neteller Stock Exchange Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JC is correct.

This statement is confusing on purpose. Less than 55 million? It could be 100k.

One thing that needs to be considered is that the current Directors of Neteller don't want to be indicted as well, so they will co-operate fully. They don't want to go to jail, but they want to keep their paychecks from running the company.

Pretty obvious they don't have much incentive to pay back the players and much incentive to co-operate fully.

Unless ordered to do so (which never happened in the BOS case), I cannot foresee any possible conclusion to this whereby Neteller pays anyone.

It would be interesting to see what happens if they were ordered by a federal judge to pay people. We could see just how well intended and dedicated these people are to paying everyone their money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming that the government doesn't want people to get their money back. I think quite the opposite is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they want everyone to get paid? Because they are good and decent people these prosecutors? Everyone is very naive about the way these people work and think. I think their (the DOJ's) desire to see people get paid back is anywhere from indifferent to vehemently opposed.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was to always try and interpret the motivations and incentives in order to predict a person's future behavior.

Nobody cares if the players get paid back, why should they??