Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: President Obama\'s \"Black Value System\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is being taken out of context and used by conservatives to smear Obama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I included the entire text and a link to the Tribune article specifically to avoid the charge of taking things out of context.

[/ QUOTE ]
I should have clarified that some people are taking it out of context. You are not.

[ QUOTE ]
There are some valuable ideas in there. There are others that are beyond the pale.

[/ QUOTE ]
What BCPVP said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find what the enemies say more telling then what the allies say -

word is Hillary is furious he's getting money - Repubs joke about wanting Hillary to be the nomination...

but when it's their turn, the Repub's fire up the smear machine again - the quality of the smears is hilarious -

"hmm, he smokes - what else could he be hiding?"
"hmm...muslim name - is that SAFE for America?"
"ohhh..his church has a Mission Statement - let's parse it down and apply it to him out of context - woohooo!"

I mean, they're not even trying to rebut his policies or address his plan for a phased withdrawl of Iraq.

Hillary is pissed, but the Repubs are SCARED - big difference - even using the Rev. Moon's inspired rag to print smears and inneundo does not a 2008 candidate make.

Undoubtly their fear is motivated by the fact the current president is sinking their party and the runners-up look as compromised and old school as they come - even the Maverick is a suckup now. meh....

I would have voted for Mccain in 2000 or 2004 perhaps - never now.

to many Democrats, Obama is their candidate - and every time a republican attack bounces off him, it just reinforces their motivation to get him in there - kinda like the madder you make Hulk, the stronger he gets.

billion dollar presidental race - should be something.

rb