Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Fun with OCD - Time for updates(long)

I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed OCD. My sister was treated for the whole hand washing thing, and I:

- There are a couple of areas on my temples that I'll grow slightly thicker/rougher hairs, like beard hair. They're individual hairs, not patches. Once I am aware of one of these little bastards, I HAVE to pull it out. Of course I always also get a clump of regular hairs, and I'll usually need to try four or five times, so I'll sometimes have little (very little) bare patches on my temples.

- When I glance at a stack of magazines like in my bathroom or something, usually I'll subconsciously pick up a word from one of the covers and it'll stick in my mind. I then HAVE to find it. Like, I'll walk in, and the word "vacation" will pop into my mind, and I'll flip through the magazines and find which one had the word "vacation" on the cover. If the New Yorker or something is open on the top of the stack of magazines this can take a while, the word doesn't have to be in the title of something or anything, it can just be in some paragraph somewhere.

- If I get water in my mouth in the shower or something, I spit for like 5 minutes. I remember being made fun of as a kid for doing this when I swam. I don't swim anymore.

- I have lots of examples of things I must always do in the same order and if I mess up I have to go back and start over. Pre-shower, shower, and post-shower procedure is the first one that comes to mind.

I could go on and on but now I'm starting to freak myself out. As long as this stuff doesn't bother me too much there's no other particular reason to seek treatment, right?