Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Help me buy a boat

I'm looking to buy a boat in the next couple months. I have just started looking -- I have never owned a boat before and don't really know what to look for. I am looking to spend around $15k (probably used) but am willing to spend up to about $25k for a new one if I really have to. From what I have seen so far, I either want a Fish & Ski boat or a Bow rider (where the front of the boat can seat a couple people too instead of being closed off).

A couple things -- I want to be able to fish from this boat. I also want a fast boat and to be able to bring some friends out to party on the lake as well. Does anyone know how hard it is to fish from a bow rider or similar speed boat not designed for fishing?

There is a marina by my house that I could store the boat at, they mainly sell sea rays and four winns. Does anyone know if those are good brands or what brands are considered to be reputable? I am planning to keep it there because I only have a car and I dont have anywhere to store the boat. For about $1800 a year they will store it for me and have my boat ready for me whenever I want to go out on the lake as long as I give them 2 hours notice. That's worth it to me because it's cheaper than buying a truck and finding a place to store it on my own -- plus I won't have to worry about hauling it around. However, I will be limited to the chain of lakes that it is on (which I think I will be ok with).

Any other tips on what to look for or any other types of boats that you can recommend would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am assuming I can negotiate on price similar to how negotiating for a car would work?