Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Pretty Simple Problem, How Much to CR (Live 10-25 bottom set)

live 10-25, 10 handed. little background: game had been running for 4 hours or so with mostly the same players. i had just lost a 7k pot to a 2outer on the river the previous hand, so people might perceive me as possibly steaming, and that's why i have a shorter stack than average at the table. i had shown a big bluff earlier in the night, but hadn't gotten out of line besides that. villain in the hand is dlpnyc21, and there is at least a decent amount of mutual respect for each others play.

[because i was recovering from the previous hand, i don't remember the exact preflop action, but i'm pretty confident about how much money was in there once we got to the flop, so lets just assume it went down this way]

Hero: in BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4500, villain covers)
UTG limps, MP limps, Button raises to $200, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Villain had been pretty active in LP preflop, and his range here is everything down to suited gappers.

Flop: ($1010) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checks to PFR, who bets $700, Hero raises to ???

pretty simple question, if you assume you raise here, how much are you raising to? my stack size makes a pot raise (to 3100 with 1300 left) and a push (raising a 700 bet to 4400) a bit awkward IMO.

(as to why i didn't lead here, the way the table was playing a lead from the blinds into the field would have been wierd enough that a big ace wouldn't have raised, though a big ace could call a CR)