Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Card dead again!

Played about 3 hours of LHE Live today, split between a little 2/4 but mostly 3/6. I am on a real bad card dead swing the past few months and was wondering how some of you deal with it. I probably don't play as many hours as a lot of you do(about an avg. of 8-10 hrs live per week)but I'd like to hear from a few of you who hit bad card streaks like this and what you do to get through it. I have not fallen victim of getting so frustrated that my starting hand requirments have gone to hell so I know that I have the discipline to win. It gets tough when you get only 3 low-med pairs in 3 hours, no suited connectors or even 1 or gappers and only AJo a few times. The other 2 hands that I played were K9s and KTs on the button with no raises in front of me. Not to sound too whiney, but with sessions like these, is the most that I can get out of them Not spewing too much $ and practicing reading and hand skills? I guess minimizing my losses at times like these? I am def a TAG type of a player. I know not to play J8o UTG like everyone else was doing, and cold-calling raises with it as well. This table was your typical loose passive 3-6 like most of them are. This is kind of typical 3-4 hour session for me lately. Hopefully I'll get smacked by the deck some time soon cause I am way over due! Any thoughts tips or comments are welcome