Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Senior CIA Official: Bush Lied

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I read it twice. Your position differs little from what I hear in mainstream Dem circles; first Bush must go. Fine, you have a goal but it's not actionable in any serious sense. You can't look me in the eye and say 'We can do this and this and this and America will be improved'. You do little more than focus on something you can not change. That's borderline insanity.

Until Dems find something to bring to the table that is not simply 'Bush Lied!' mainstream America will not grant you power.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never understood this position.

All the time I hear people responding to criticism of GWB's policies with "well, the Democrats don't have a better plan." This is silly. To me this is like if I were walking down the street with GWB and somebody runs up and says, "Quick, what is 894,842 times 903,346?" and I say "I don't know," and GWB says, "four." Who is smarter? Me for admitting I don't know, or GWB for bluring out the first goddamned number that pops into his head, even though it is clearly wrong?

I would rather listen to/be lead by someone who admits the issues/solutions are complicated and that answers are not obvious than to somebody who has an answer that is clearly incorrect.