Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: The Well: iMsoLucky0 (2.6.07)

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have notes on me (actual or mental) and, if so, what do they say?

[/ QUOTE ]

No actual notes and my only mental note on you is 'good 2+2er'. Surprisingly I don't really keep notes on anyone and rely on my memory and feel to make most of my reads.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you been playing a lot of MTTs lately and, if so, do you agree with me that they have gotten a bit harder since the Neteller thing? I feel like I am constantly at tables with 5 or more 2p2ers or P5ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have barely played online MTTs the last 6 months, but I do agree that the games have gotten harder recently. Even before the neteller thing, it has seemed as though there are more and more people that are at least competent all the time in the bigger online MTTs.

[ QUOTE ]

A few more questions (you and Colson were way up on my list of who I wanted to see do a Well):

Give me three keys that you think distinguish your game from your run-of-the-mill good/winning MTTer (distinguish between live and online if necessary).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, and I look forward to Carl's well too. The number 1 key to my game is changing gears and mixing it up at the right time. This is more important live than online but I think I'm able to do it to a certain extent online. Second, I am very good at always being aware of the exact tournament situation of myself as well as all the other people on the table. Live, I am constantly counting everyone's chips and online I'm paying attention to know when someone is getting ready to make a move or getting frustrated. Last, I think my tilt control is far superior to most good players. Regardless of what happens to me, I am usually able to regain my focus quickly and not let one mistake turn into 6.

[ QUOTE ]
You are an excellent "restealer," but what weapons do you have in your arsenal for dealing with (or even trapping) oher restealers?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I just said, I think I am very good at recognizing when someone is ready to make a move or when they are satisfied with their stack and just trying to inch their way up the tournament. As far as specific weapons go, I'd say the number 1 weapon is being able to not put myself in a position to be restolen from easy. I think I'm good at making my steals look like hands and my hands look like steals, especially live. I also steal from some unusual spots that people would never suspect me to steal/resteal from. Another of my favorite tactics is to open limp the CO/button when I feel I will be restolen from. Lots of people know how to jam their stack in the middle, but they'll be thrown off by a limp. I am very confident in my postflop tournament play and can extract even more chips in these situations by playing the pot in position than just stealing pre.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you rate yourself on dealing with those inevitable downswings and bad beats? What sort of mental approaches do you take?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's weird, but back when I was playing regularly online I was the best at not letting beats bother me. I just NEVER got bothered by a beat or anything that may have happened to me. I think it came from my roots in SNGs where you get used to seeing some of the sickest, most retarded beats like every other hand of the bubble it seems.

Since I've had more success and have become even more confident in my play I find myself letting these things bother me more for some reason. I guess I am to the point where I expect to win and that's no good, but it's still not nearly as bad as what I see from other people.