Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Winrate of $35 per hour in 4/8 limit gate over 65 hours!

I track my winrate carefully and so far in 2007 have made $35 per hour in 4/8 limit gate over 65 hours. About 50% of time was playing 4/8 with full kill, other 50% was standard 4/8. Game is typically about 5.5 players see the flop with around 30-40% of pots raised preflop. Maybe 2-5% of time gets rerasised and/or capped pre flop, usually due to gamblers having fun rather then having really good cards. Lots of the time I get chased to the river with someone holding a bad draw or hopeless hand. I can not play a hand for 30 minutes, raise under the gun and still get 4 callers, these folks cold call two raises all night with anything they think is playable.

I play a fairly strong game as I learned from Sklansky/Miller/Malmuth SSHE. I count the pot, try to protect my hands ect. Tight and aggressive but I still make errors, I never come away from a session without thinking of a play I should have done differently.

My question is this to the experts? Does this winrate seem way out of line? I told my wife that over the long term I should probably win $15-20 per hour. What do you think?

BTW- many thanks to Mrrs Sklansky, Miller and Malmuth for sharing the invaluable information provided in SSHE.