Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Default My plan for a self-sustaining orphanage

I believe that education is the only way to break the cycle of poverty. My orphanage would recruit orphans at a young age from other orphanages all over the country by sending them tests to give the kids (When I was 5 years old I got tested for being "gifted". It'd be similar to that). These intelligent kids would then be sent to my school where they would recieve an incredible education, and they would also do stuff like dance and martial arts (both inexpensive). They would have other responsibilities as well like planting vegetables and taking care of chickens to lessen the costs of running the orphanage. The goal would be that when all the kids turn 18, and score 1500's on the SATS, they will be able to recieve scholarships to study in top Universities (hopefully their success stories will inspire others to pay their tuition or recieve scholarships).

Now, since these students were apart of this Orphanage so long, I imagine that it will have given them a great amount of pride, and when successful in life, they would work hard to give money and time back to the school, and maybe even to adopt an orphan at some point in their life.

Also, these kids would be pretty insane, like they would all be Muay Thai experts and Physics experts. In some ways, It'd be like I was creating my own army. You figure that in 50 years I will only be 70 years old, with increases in modern technology, 70 will be the new 45. At that time, I will have strong connections to all of the World's top companies, militaries and universities. At some point, it is not entirely unlikely that we will stage a "World Coup" and take control.

Jokes aside, what do you think about this idea? Does it already exist? I understand that there are millions of orphans, and spending 10x's as much on these kids as opposed to the other kids is somewhat reprehensible, but it is more likely that one of these kids will build a 100 million dollar company someday, etc.

I do not know how much an American orphan costs in the USA, but its alot less here in terms of USD. I think alot of people would be interested in donating money to this type of set-up.