5 20 11.24%
4 21 11.80%
3 12 6.74%
2 4 2.25%
1 - He hasn't been very successful 10 5.62%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Friend breaks another friends thing. Your play. (long w/ cliffs)

Background- Me and a couple of my friends love playing boot hockey during the winter time in MN. Boot hockey is simply regular hockey but just wearing shoes or boots instead of skates. Since our first and only rule is that no real hockey players can play with us, we end up borrowing alot of eq. We borrow a friends pair of carbon fiber sticks that worth around $150 each or so. We get to the ice and one of my friends who is overly energetic all the time and lacks judegement takes a good stick. He ends up breaking the blade by smashing it on the ice repeatedly, then throwing the shaft (which is the most expensive part $120) into the near by woods without thinking. I am unnaware of this until the next day when we are going to play again (I play goalie so I was busy having a friend shoot on me). I talk to him and he simply wont admit that he broke it although I saw him with the broken blade and a couple of my other friends saw him break it. So now I obviously feel some what responsible for replacing it, but the friend that broke it will not take any responsibility or put any money towards it. So a good friend of mine agreed to split the cost with me even though we had nothing to do with it. So now im pissed because I have to pay for something that i never even used. The money is not a big deal, I can afford it and so can my friend but we feel that its stupid that we are paying for it. What should I do?

Cliffs - Friend broke another friends $150 stick. He refuses to take responsibility, so me and another friend are going to pay for it.