Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you play in this?
Yes 81 75.00%
No 1 0.93%
Maybe 26 24.07%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Yes I have cleaned toilets

Lets use this opportunity to start a thread on all the menial jobs we've had before we (hopefully) moved on to bigger and brighter things.

There is a good amount you can learn from having these types of jobs. You learn how to interact with the customers and deal with their illogical and selfish requests. You learn how to cope with unbelivably dumb and lazy co-workers. You learn not to take your common sense for granted.

I worked at a TCBY for 13 months starting when I was 18. It wasnt so bad at all, except for the boss/owner. He would only be there during the day, so I would schedual my shifts for night to enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere. However, about a month into the job, he installed security cameras so he could basically spy on us 24/7. If something weird was going on, he would call 90% of the time to ask us what was going on, which confirmed that he was pretty much always watching the live feed from his computer at home.

I did have to do alot of bitch work when I first started, such as cleaning the bathrooms (womens always worse than mens in my experience) and poruing small cups to be sold at school which entailed sitting in a basement alone pouring cups for a few hours straight. Not exactly fun. I much prefered serving customers. That was actually part of the fun of the job, as you could sort of [censored] around with some of them and they were too dumb to catch on. Also flirting with the girls who were my age was good times as well. You got to know all the regulars and their exact order, and they get to know you. Some actually cared and kept up to date on my schooling and such.

Overall, it wasnt a bad deal. The pay sucked and I moved on to poker/school full time, but I did learn alot about interacting with people/ different types of people

Discussion: Describe some awful jobs you had, and for humour's sake, the funniest things said by customers/bosses.

Mine was definitely some dumb girl who was flirting with me. She asked me how we made the sprinkles. I told her we have one giant sprinkle in the back that we chop up into little pieces. She looked all excited and asked "really!? Can I see it?!"