Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Uninteresting 75 dollar tournament hand - how would you play it?

This hand is REALLY standard but I'm curious as to how you guys would have played it...also, a problem was this player was moved recently so there is no real read...so base your answers off a general opponent:

Stacks: Hero: ~3000
Villain: ~2000
Blinds: $50/$100
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $300</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds.
First question - Raise/call/fold here?

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($750, 2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero checks.
As played, check/bet?

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($750, 2 players)
MP3 checks
Your move? if a bet how much?

Keeping in mind this is against a random opponent so please explain why you would take whatever line you would

Edit: I am less concerned with this specific hand, it wasn't big in the tournament but I am more concerned about how you would play this type of scenario somewhat early in the tournament with a mediocre hand in position against an unknown position when raising will put a good amount of your chips at risk yet calling seems difficult also since you almost need to hit for 300 chips. Situations as these seem to come up often early in tournaments so do you like to put a good amount of your stack in or wait for a different spot with a better hand.