Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Default lol why did I sit in this game 2/4 PL 5 card draw

So this game is 3 handed and one of the players looks like a complete sucker. I saw him open limp in the sb stand pat with Q high, bb draws 3 and it goes c/c BB wins. In another hand he stacked off with 1 pair against trips. Action went pot, villain repots and other guy repots to put the other guy in, I'm not a 5cd expert but I'm guessing that getting the money in here with 1 pair is a mistake since the other two players had basically been folding every hand until they had something playable (I never saw a showdown where someone started weaker than KK). The best way I can characterize villain from the short bit I watched is aggressive/spazzy and not very willing to fold.

One player sits out and I sit in the HU game. A few hands pass with not much happening. The other tight guy played a KK hand from the small blind against my AA in bb and won nothing after the draw from me because I'm a nit and wanted to take down the easy mark. On to the hand:

Button folds, I have AAJ85 in the small blind and pot it. Villain calls. I draw 3 (right?), villain draws 3. Pot is $24

I catch JT8. I check (I assume this is right). Villain pots. I don't know what to do, and this game is confusing, so I decide that whether I win or lose this hand I'm quitting after my button.

Is this a call? A fold? I'm guessing it's not a raise just based on the fact I'd probably do best not to bluff the moron. This whole game feels backwards/counterintuitive to me, especially when OOP.