FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: My turn for a weightlifting/fitness thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TxRedMan,

Wow. You are really flooring me with your lack of basic knowledge. Maybe you should work out some short of linear periodization also since nothing major has changed in the last 20 years of weight training.

[/ QUOTE ]

when arnold compiled his encyclopedia of bodybuilding, very little was left to be said.

answer me this:

why was kobe dunking the ball in high school when he was skinny and probably couldnt squat 300 LBS, and yet now that he can squat 400 LBS he's not jumping over Nowitizki's head when he dunks?

vertical leap is about form, timing, and explosion.

i reccomend that after OP trains like i reccomended for the first six weeks, he start to incorporate heavier sets into his program and really work on explosion at the bottom of a rep. i'd also throw in negatives, have him walkking around w/ ankle weights on all day, and have him super setting his truly heavy squats.

also, plz understand that i want OP to go heavy- as heavy as he can go for 25 reps. i'm not advocating putting 135 on the bar and doing 25 reps like a warmup. i want him hitting failure at 25 reps.

whatever.

there's more than one way to grow and get strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, tx, no offense man, but if you're going to support Arnold's book, then you don't really know much about training. His book is not based on science. It's based on Weider [censored]. Anybook that calls for a natural to train with upwards to 50 sets/body part and talks about isolating different parts of the bicep is [censored].

Also, I don't know if Kobe and Jordan squatted as much as guids has been saying, but the NBA players are strong as hell. When I was in high school, I helped run a provincial, senior boys b-ball championship at the Vancouver Grizzlies training facility. I was able to break into their training room and in there, there was a board that listed all their reps for certain lifts. I distinctly remember that most of the guys were strong as hell. Bryon Scott had a 1 rep max for bench press of something like 300 or 400 pounds (pretty sure it was 400).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, "something like 300 or 400 pounds"

LMAO. yeah, not much margin of error in that statement.

i'm not going to argue about arnolds book.

it's a great book that provides awesome training advice that centers around the correct lifts and principals.

hey [censored]: if i don't know much about training, then tell me why i bench press 440 pounds, weigh 220, have 19 inch arms, deadlift 600, and am in outstanding physical shape cardiovascular wise?

i dont know much about training?

LOL!

go back to the bench rookie.