Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2007, 02:55 PM

Default 40/80 AQs hand

Hi All,

I am a stud player who has recently started playing some limit holdem. This hand took place in a 40/80 game at the Borgata while I was waiting for a 75/150 stud game to start. Hopefully I didn't screw it up too much:-)

The table has about 4 strong players two really loose players, and the rest are medicore. My image is tight and aggressive, and I haven't been caught bluffing. The pots are generally 3-5 handed, with people cold calling two bets preflop frequently. I am second to act, and one of the very loose players is in the big blind (the other is in the cutoff).

The UTG player is a bit laggy, and somewhat on tilt. I saw him open raise in early poistion with both 77 and 88 before. He open raises and I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I 3 bet, and all fold, the big blind and UTG call.

The flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Both opponents check, I bet, the big blind folds, UTG raises, I 3 bet and the UTG quickly calls. The turn is a blank (offsuit 9 maybe), the UTG checks and I check.

My questions are, given my description of the table, would it have been better to cold call the UTG's raise, to get more players in with my big suited ace? Should I have bet the turn? Other than a dimond on the river, what do I do if the opponent bets or check to me?

Thanks,
Carlos