Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Screenwriting and Filmmaking:\"But What I Really Want to Do Is Direct\"

Well to be honest I'm not real sure how I should start this thread off given the subject matter is incredibly broad and there are so many different tangents one could go off on.

Basically this thread will be for people who are interested in screenwriting, filmmaking, and the movie industry in general. There are many 2+2ers who work in the industry in many different areas so I'm sure just about any topic or question can be covered.

Seeing that I know of multiple 2+2ers who are aspiring to work in the entertainment biz and become writers and directors I thought it best to create a thread about those crafts which is seperate from a general movie discussion thread.

I personally am working towards a career as a writer-director in feature films, and I also work full time in the industry as a lowly assistant. I did the whole film school thing(overrated), read just about every screenwriting book known to man while in high school and college, and have worked as an assistant at a major studio, at a lit management company, and for a indep. film producer.

Given a lot of my work "friends" are managers/agents/screenwriters/directors and assistants to just about every type of person in the industry, I figure I can answer just about any screenwriting or industry question one might have and if I can't there are countless others who may be able to---Prv Joker, Dom, Pryor, etc etc etc.

This isn't a ask me type thread cuz I ain't that interesting. Its mainly a discussion thread for anyone interested in trying to gain a career in the industry, wanting to write screenplays, direct shorts/films, or the state of film in general, or any other crap you can think of etc.

Industry gossip is welcome too.

CDS