Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Me bad or bad session

I posted earlier on today about getting some good literature and support for cash room games. I had a look at some stuff and felt pretty confident of a good session. 90 minutes later I'm $20 less well off. What I want to know is is it me playing very badly or just not getting the rub of the felt.

After about 15 minutes I was $3 down. I'd raised preflop three times with good hands in position, made continuation bets and got re-raised on all of them (I'd pretty much missed the flop but the texture was ok on them). Well that was annoying to begin with. Could people just be flopping monsters all the time? It seemed to be the case because for the next 40 hands or so I was raising and not getting called much pre-flop and most were folding to bets I made on the flop. Notably again I hardly ever hit the flop and I didn't hit it hard once. I remember that because throughout all this I didn't play any big pots when I had any sort of big hand.

Then comes this hand: The BB ends up having QJ
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.9</font>, BB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.55, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.55, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $0.8</font>.
Uncalled bets: $2.55 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $4.95

The argument may have been to bet on the turn too but if I had even if he had called or re-rasied I would have had to bet on the river or call his turn raise.

Very next hand is this: button has JJ
Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.85</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.55, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $2.85</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.05 returned to Hero.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.25, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $8.25)

Results:
Final pot: $8.25

Again, rather annoying that the flop gives me such a huge piece of it and he calls pre-flop and flop bet so I can't really put him on that hand. If he's not so short stacked I don't push.

As a short stack with 77 I push against a raise that calls with JJ.

Meanwhile, in a second room. I miss a number of draws on the river to lose about $2. And then this hand: other guy has 62

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.35, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.35</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.05</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2.1</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $5.25

I know I played this had wrong. Could have squeezed pre-flop, should have defaintely bet on the flop. Still, I don't enjoyed getting five-outed and then crushed on the river.

In another hand I have A9 on the button, raise it, get called. Flop is A72, I bet and someone just goes all in. His comment is why do you keep betting with sh*t. I feel compelled to say 'because I'm trying to play the game properly' but I know it's not going to do me any good.

Now short stacked again. The final nail in the coffin is this hand: other player has 99 with a spade.

Full Tilt Poker
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $7.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $2.4</font>.
Uncalled bets: $5.4 returned to SB.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.6, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $5.6)

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.6, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $5.6)

Results:
Final pot: $5.6

In total these hands cost me $17 of the $20 I lost.

My personal belief is that I played a couple wrong (A5 inparticular) and the rest I was just unlucky, but some brutally so. I had absolutely no hands in the session where I was able to get a lot of money into the pot when I had the nuts or a strong hand.

Advice would be very greatful as I'm on the verge of giving up cash rooms as a minefield of maniacs and sngs corpses.

Felix