Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Shorthanded Stud/8 hand

Four-handed 5/10 high/low game at Bodoggie, .50 ante, $2 bringin. The player to my right is even steal-happier than I am, if that's possible, and I'd been giving up a lot of bringins. The immediately previous hand we faced off on his bringin and I freerolled my way to a nine-high straight on the river to scoop his fourth-street trip queens in a hand that ran more or less standard. He's seen me play some hands well and some badly, but all very aggressive.

I bringin with (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], the other two players fold*, he pops me with the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I repop and he calls.

Fourth:
Hero: (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, he raises, and I call. This is kind of iffy, but I had a fairly strong feeling he was on air on third, and I wanted to keep a big buried pair in my range. Naturally even after he tells me I'm wrong I'm peeling.

Fifth:
Hero: (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check-raise him and he calls. I didn't think there was much chance he'd check through with the lead here.

Sixth:
Hero: (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Those jacks look good, and I have the lead, so I bet it. He raises me, which is worrisome because I think my range still has some pretty powerful high hands in it. I think briefly and call.

On the river I pull a second pair with the 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and check intending to call.

* Bodog doesn't put folded third street cards in the histories. I'm pretty sure they were not relevant. At the very least there were no other sevens or low diamonds, they weren't both jacks, and my straight cards were live.