Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Last Night I Finally Figured it Out...

So last night I'm watching the SOTU address and it became crystal clear to me.

The difference between Dems. and Reps. is that Dems. like ideas... and Reps. like action.

I'm not a blind supporter of all conservative ideals, and I'm not a huge fan of Bush right now... but lets just look at last night.

Bush proposes a more holistic approach to Health Care- Standing ovation from both parties

Bush outlines the financial REALITY of making this happen- No standing "O" from the Dems.

Bush calls for a safer Middle-East and support for our troops- Standing "O" from both parties.

Bush outlines his plan to make this happen- No applause form the Dems. and Pelosi is still as a botox injected statue.

I just don't get it. I'm all for troops coming home and no more American deaths, but what is the Dems. plan to do this AND stabilize the middle east.

I'm NOT talking about theory, or past blame... I want to know the nuts & bolts of the Democrats "plan". It seems like everyone in Congress last night was applauding the same "ideals" for America... but no-one on the left wanted to applaud the fact that you have to have an actual "plan" to make these things happen.

I know everyone on the Left has to take their cue from Pelosi.... but even H. Clinton's comments after the SOTU were criticism without offering an alternate "plan".

It just cemented in my mind that most Democrats belong to a party of idealist. Right, wrong, or indifferent… at least Republicans are trying to actively come up with strategies to make America Better/Safer/ Stronger.

I understand that a lot of you disagree with those strategies… but let’s turn the camera around and evaluate YOUR plan???