Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2007, 08:33 PM

Default My 2-7 records.. any advice?

Im not sure this post belongs here, but I figure you all understand the swings of 2-7 more than most. I've kept a very basic record of my play for the last two months. In where i played 49 sessions (any play during a day was considering one session) averaging about 5 hours a session. My play was mostly at $80-160 2-7 TDL. I guess Im just surprised at my results considering how much deuce I've played in the last two years.

In 49 sessions I won 28 times.. Lost 21 times.. For a win percentage of 58%

My average win was $5635
My average loss was $5751
My peak win was $22000
My peak loss was $16500

Considering how good the games have been, I am very unimpressed with my results over the past two months. I think I should be winning more sessions, and rough estimation of my win rate at .92 BB/ hr is also pretty meh considering my judgment of my skill level relative to my opponents.

I graduate college in a few months and am trying to figure out if I can rely on my poker income to float around for a few years. I wanted to believe I was better than my results are telling me but no one can deny these online deuce games are getting tougher, and If im only scratching out .92/bb/hr in good games, i don't see much future in poker for myself. Any input (esp from Death Donkey, or anyone else playing for a living) would be greatly appreciated