Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Poker: Comedy of Errors

I am playing a lot of multi-table sitngos right now. I have on several occasions busted out players from them due to sucking out. I am a good player. I had the worst hand and got a lot of chips in the middle on these occasions because either my opponents played trickily and I thought I was ahead or because the 'betting dialogue' to use a term originating with Bob Ciaffone did not have enough room in it to establish I was beat. I am not talking about preflop situations where you may go allin with AKo and beat QQ who was after you and could do no more than call. Let me give you an example, I had pocket TTs I raised got two callers. I went all in on a low flop with no card higher than a seven. I get two callers. One fish with a seven and a good player holding AA. I spiked a ten on the turn. There was no reason to think he had AA. So when they were turned over, I allowed myself a wry smile. My smile got more wry when I spiked the ten.

Yes, playing well takes the money time after time but sometimes you find yourself in a corner and you have to defy the odds.

Nevertheless, it is strange to put yourself or your opponent allin and buck the odds.

Strange, indeed.