Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Default A couple of unrelated complaints..

Just some random things that annoy me:

1) Posts stretching the width of a thread unnecessarily. Sometimes it's pictures that hasn't been properly resized for forum use, sometimes it's quoting a paragraph for the 27th time, and other times it's a failure to understand the subtleties of whitespace and linebreaks.. When having the forums set to 100 posts per page (as is good and proper), it gets really annoying to read threads that are infested with such posts. Would it be possible to make guidelines for such posting behavior and/or make mods edit such posts to increase the readability of said threads?

2) Cookies. There seems to be something wrong with the expiration of the forum-cookies. At seemingly random intervals I have to log in again, even though I have the forums set to remember me (about once a week if I were forced to venture a guess). A minor annoyance, but still an annoyance. (Browser: Firefox 2.01)

3) Threaded mode. Pretty sure this has been covered before, but I just want to say that this is an insane way to view the forums. Which, of course, would be OK if it didn't affect the rest of us by people posting 10 posts in a row in threaded mode without quoting the context, effectively confusing the hell out of everyone that is reading in flat mode. If something ala threaded needs to be kept, why not consider nested mode? (See slashdot for reference.) The best would probably be to wake up from the nineties (this ain't usenet) and kill it altogether, but that's not my decision.

4) Finding my posts. Unless I'm incredibly dense, the only way I can find my own posts is by doing a username search on myself, or find a post made by myself, click on my nickname, and click on "Show all user's posts". Not exactly a big deal, but why isn't that option available in my profile ("My Home")?