check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm such an idiot. I'm also a liability with too many buy-ins. I'm going to try this short stacking idea. I mean, I know this kind of play backwards and forwards. Probably better than NL cash players at ginormous levels.

Does this mean that if I try shortstacking, that I should playing a level that assumes this is my buy-in? Or should I still be playing a level that assumes a full buy-in for my bankroll?

take this fwiw, but in the 100k hands I played of this, I think about 2/3 the regular bankroll requirement for the level is about right. could probably get by with half, but i'm always consevitive about it. standerd deviation for full buying runs in the 27 to 30 range. for short buying it's in the 17ish range. (all that is from memory, as i don't have my data handy, but if the numbers are screwy, the reletive difference I'm sure of)

Just to make what I think lacky is saying concrete, you would need $3000 if you bought in for $100 each time at 100NL, and $1700 if you bought in for $20 each time at 100NL. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, thats what i was saying. It seems like alot buyin wise if you consider your "buyin" to be $20, but i think it's pretty realistic. in 100k hands of mostly shortbuy play at 2/4 i had a couple -$4000 to -$4500 runs, so about 10 to 11 regular buyins. no reason to think i maxed out the theoretical bad run. I also ran it through some simulator. I dont remember what it said exactly, but I remeber 6000 to 8000 range seemed plenty, and I had more, so didnt worry much about it.